Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Gift

Father, they are Your gift to me.” – John 17:24
Jesus loves everybody so much. For Him, every person is a gift from His Father. Maybe that’s the reason why we fail at loving. We value inanimate gifts and neglect those that are alive — our family, friends, community and colleagues. We don’t look at them as gifts but burdens that slow us down in the ladder of success.
I remember a family reunion we had. My cousins accidentally tripped and shoved the antique jar of my aunt. My aunt screamed, “The j-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-r!” She didn’t shout, “The c-h-i-i-i-i-i-i-l-d!”
When I asked her about it, she said, “I’m just being practical. Broken heads can be stitched and treated but my jars can’t be.” Wow, what logic!
Let’s reflect on the following quotes:
• “The most important things in our lives aren’t things but the people closest to us.” – Rick Warren
• “A relationship cannot survive on leftovers.” – John Maxwell
• “Two of the most beautiful things that the Lord gave us are life and love. Therefore, let us love life and live love.” – Obet Cabrillas
Every person is a gift from God. Mine are: Joie and Rob. I love the two of them more than they’ll ever know.Obet Cabrillas
REFLECTION:
When we look at our family members, what do we see? Blessings or curses?

No comments:

Post a Comment