Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Relief Volunteer 211

Got a text message from Ms. Daphne, working at World Vision and a fellow Christ Companion in Mission (CCIM) member. "May I request you and/or your friends/groups to please help typhoon victims by helping us in packing relief goods for distribution?". I replied immediately and told her I will give a day for it. I asked my boss If I can have a half day to my usual work and God is good she allowed me.
At 2:30pm I arrived at the warehouse where the packing is ongoing.There I saw my other fellow CCIM members Ms. Lulu and Ms. Conching. The three of us volunteered for that day.
Our first task was packing children's clothes. Many of the volunteers are youths and as time passed by many still coming in groups.I enjoyed sorting out and from time to time I sneezed because of the dust which makes the volunteers laughed at me.


After we finished the target quota for that day, they sent us to another packing station. Non perishable goods are being pack like mats,towels,mosquito nets, pots and pans, matches etc. When the staff leading us saw me, she was concerned on my disability so she gaved me an easy task. She designated me to make the plastic bags ready as they placed goods inside it. I thought it was an easy task but its not because you had to make way how you can open the plastic bag in a speedy way.But in a way as was able to do the task and I'm proud of it.hahaha!









Me, Ms.Lulu & Ms. Conching felt good and fulfilled after we saw all the packed relief goods. It brought us sense of fulfillment knowing that each one of us have shared help in their own little way to others.Everything is possible when everyone is willing to give and share.

1 comment:

  1. In a world full of apathy it is nice to see some people still care.

    ReplyDelete