Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mission, Devotion and Angel














I'm on my way going to Quiapo Church.What will I do there? Well, a sort of little mission. I will help Ate Mila to do some pro-life information dissemination around the vicinity of the church as part of the Family and Life Ministry activity. The church was filled with devotees as expected since its Friday. So I tried to pushed myself inside with so much effort in order to reach my destination where I should meet Ate Mila. Ahhh! Finally I am in front of the parish office and lucky to see Ate Mila. She let me sat on a chair and told me to wait for her as they set up the booth and exhibit we needed for the information drive.
As I sat in the corner, I quietly listened to the mass and observed each people who made their way to go there not only to attend mass but also to see "Poong Nazareno". I was so amazed on their devotion to the Black Nazarene and each one of them moved their lips whispering their deepest prayers and intentions hoping to be granted someday.The humbleness and meekness are seen on their faces. Oh I wish I have that kind of devotion! Honestly, I'm having a hard time of saying my prayers now. I'm on the desert and wandering. Kindly pray for me. Yes, I do have struggles,but one thing that keeps me moving on and continue my journey is Faith. A faith even as size of the mustard seed....I will still hold on to that. As I gazed at the picture of Poong Nazareno, I whispered a prayer that He will grant more prayers on that day as I offered up the pro-life work we will be doing.
Weather did not cooperated and poured out heavy rains and strong wind that made us difficult to stay on our respective booths. Ate Mila and I decided to distribute leaflets as we squeezed ourselves in the crowd. A young woman who just quietly standing at the corner smiled on me as I gave her "Responsible Boy and Girl" bookmark. As I continue distributing leaflets, my eyes caught the young woman again. Still standing but this time quietly crying as she carefully putting the bookmark inside her bag. I wanted to approach and comfort her but in the end I decided not to do it. I just gave her a comforting smile and node telling that it will be fine soon.She smiled at me and continue praying with a hope in her face. I encountered ladies on their wheelchairs and gave me their sweetest smiles as I gave them the bookmark. Probably they are happy seeing me in spite of my disability too,I was able to still do such work.
On my way back to the office, its still raining hard so I made great effort to walk slow and be careful for I was afraid of being slipped.My dilemma started when I arrived at the underpass. I had to go down knowing that each stairs are slippery. I know I can do it but I decided to asked help. A young woman with a little boy came near me and I knew from my heart shes the one. I hold her arm and asked her " can you please help me to go downstairs? " She smiled at me and gently assist me as we go down slowly.Finally, we reached the exit of the underpass.Before we separated, I asked her name. I told her, "Daisy your an angel!Thank you so much for helping me." She smiled and said "Your welcome! Take care."
Mission, devotion and angel....all happened to me on this day. All I can say is "What a JOURNEY! GOD IS GOOD!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment